Public Hearing in European Parliament, 21 February 2013
European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium hosted a public hearing “European Energy Community Strategy: Political, Economic and Environmental Challenges in South East Europe”. The aim of the public hearing was to debate the 2012 Energy Strategy of the Energy Community, developed in July 2012 and adopted in October 2012.
Members of SEE SEP project took active part in this public hearing, with participants from member organizations, as well as partner organizations: Pippa Gallop (CEE Bankwatch Network), Garret Tankosić-Kelly and Naida Taso (SEE Change Net, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Miodrag Dakić (CZZS – Center for Environment, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Sonja Zuber (Analytica, Macedonia) and Zvezdan Kalmar (CEKOR, Serbia).
The speakers were:
* Libor Rouček, Chairperson of the Foreign Affairs Working group on Western Balkans
* Alan Riley, Professor, City Law School, City University, London
* Ana-Maria Boromisa, Ph.D. Economics, Institute for Development and International* Relations, Head of the Department for international economic and political relations, Croatia
* Philip Lowe, Director General for Energy, European Commission
* Janez Kopač, Director, Energy Community Secretariat
* Miodrag Dakić, Center for Environment, Banja Luka, BiH
* Garret Tankosić-Kelly, SEE Change Net, Sarajevo, BiH
* Zvezdan Kalmar, CEKOR, Subotica, Serbia
* Jelko Kacin, Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe